Skip to main content

Let’s Get Hopping 39: Punch It



Hi I am Elizabeth and I have recently joined the Let’s Get Hopping Crew.

I am fairly new to blogging but am wanting to learn and I am sure I will get better with more practice. I have however been a demonstrator for 6 years now and love to create using Stampin’ Up! Products. 


The theme for this month's blog hop is Punch It.

I knew right away I wanted to use the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch. However, I wanted to push myself to use this in a non-card project. 

As I was making my husband’s birthday cake I began thinking about all of the birthday themes my children have had through the years and all of the fun cakes I had as a child. One memory in particular popped to mind ‘ICE CREAM CAKE’ I haven’t had one in years and I think I might have to go buy one! But that’s how it came about to make an Ice Cream Birthday Cake Topper. 


         (Crochet heart handmade, Creative Craftaholic)

For the cake topper I have used Mint Macaron and Petal Pink cardstock for the scoops and added sprinkles in Petal Pink ink. I also stamped the ice cream drips in Petal Pink and then fussy cut them out, I think they are a great added addition. For the cone I used Crumb Cake cardstock and stamped on this with Crumb Cake ink.


To make the bunting I used Very Vanilla Cardstock and punched out the cone section of the punch. I used two triangles per letter so I could glue them together neatly with Tombow glue, the baker's twine is held in between the triangles. The letter framelits I have used are the Playful Alphabet Dies, these fit great when using the punch for bunting!

I attached the Ice Cream cones to kebab sticks (Coloured paper straws would look great too) using Tombow and they held fantastically. You could add another cone to the back of these if you wanted too as well.

I think an Ice Cream themed birthday party would be very cool! (pun intended lol)

I then thought about all of the birthday decorations you could make using this punch, so as my son was making cupcakes for his Nana I quickly whipped to the craft room to make some cupcake toppers too.


There are so many options with this punch not only cake and cup cake toppers, but bunting and even games like build the biggest ice cream or pin the scoop on the cone could be all made using this punch. 

I hope you have as much fun as I have choosing flavours and adding sprinkles to this

fun stamp and punch bundle


Thanks for joining me today. Be sure to check out the rest of the projects by hopping over to see the amazing projects Tanya Rees has for you.


Happy Crafting



PRODUCT LIST















Comments

  1. These projects are just too cute! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My granddaughter would just love your product beautiful thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Elizabeth, both projects are gorgeous, and a great way to extend the use of the punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable project and a great way of showcasing that Punch x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Hopping 44: Favourite Occasions

I am back again with the awesome Let's Get Hopping crew. For this months hop we are looking at our favourite occasion. Be sure to hop through all of the blogs as there are some great inspirational ideas for a range of occasion. I love crafting for all kinds of occasions.  Birthdays are always a necessity, particularly with my big family!  However, one of my favourite things to do is to crochet or knit gifts for newborn babies/children and I love to make a box or bag to match as I feel this makes the gift even more special.  I find people always react positively to the gift bag as well as the gift inside, and you just know they are going to keep the bag to pass on and gift to someone else when the time comes.  Lately I have been busy making this cable knit hat for my cousins baby shower and of course I had to make the gift box to match.  For the gift box I have used the Treasures of Life stamp set. This set is gorgeous for grandparents, children or babies. The images stamp beautiful

Let's get hopping 49 - Sketch Challenge

It is so nice to be back with you again along with the Let's get hopping crew. Only 5 days till Christmas and we are certainly excited about it in our house. We have got our freshly cut tree up, decorated and smelling amazing, the children are counting down the sleeps till the big red man himself comes for a visit. I hope you are all keeping well and are too looking forward to spending some quality time with your family and friends over the season. For this months challenge the Let's get hopping crew have made cards using the following sketch as a guideline to follow. My take on the sketch features the gorgeous Whimsy & Wonder designer series paper. I really wanted to highlight the beautiful colours in this paper. I have paired this the Peaceful Deer stamp set, the Stockings Dies and the White Glittered Organdy Ribbon. I would like to take this moment to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderfully Happy New Year. Click the Next Blog button below to check out Tany

Let's Get Hopping 46 - Anything but a Card

I everyone I am back with the Let's Get Hopping crew for the 'Anything But A Card' theme. If you have joined me from Tanya Rees blog I am sure you have seen an amazing creation. I can't wait to check it out myself. As I imagine with the mini catalogue underway a lot of us have started thinking about Christmas and I for one have even started singing carols. Especially after seeing the gorgeous stamp sets 'For Unto Us' pg. 41 and 'Holly Jolly Wishes' pg.29. I can't help but singing away reading those sentiments. Lately I have found myself making up gift boxes and filling them up with goodies that I know the person will just love. So with that in mind my project this month is a nail polish gift box with a matching nail file holder. From the Mini Catalogue July - December 2021 I have use the Whimsy & Wonder 12"x12" Specialty Designer Series Paper pg.25 along with the Sweet Little Stockings, Stocking Dies pg.31 and the Glittered Organdy Ribb